Monday, October 6, 2008

One down, umpteen to go


I am delighted with the positive response to my debut post.

Thought you might like to see the next project. This is the first new piece in a series I call "Collector's Items". I love the variation in the natural world. One fossil, one diatom, one dragonfly is not enough. I need the whole collection. This dragonfly in an Oregon native. In researching them I discovered that there are only two basic architectures for the pattern in a dragonfly wing. I cut two pairs of wings and several different bodies, so I can put them together in many different combinations. This blue skimmer is about 18" across from wingtip to wingtip. The finished piece is not photographed yet. I dyed a linen silk blend fabric from Exotic silks, using mostly my watercolor soy dyes, with a little added acrylics for details.

No comments: